15 Minute Meals
Life is busy and sometimes there just isn’t the time to cook an elaborate dinner. Easy meals don’t have to be microwavable – you can use fresh, healthy ingredients to create a delicious homecooked meal in no time!
While summertime is traditionally barbecue season, not all apartment dwellers have the luxury of a balcony grill. That doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy a hot grilled meal – ready in 15 minutes!
Enjoy the best of outdoor grilling inside with this amazing chicken recipe:
15 Minute Blackened Chicken
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Oil or non-stick cooking spray
- Place the chicken breasts between too sheets of plastic wrap and pound out flat, or filet
- Mix all the spices and seasonings together to make a rub
- Place the chicken on a plate and rub with oil or spray with cooking spray on one side
- Spoon your blackened seasoning over the chicken and spread around. Use approximately ½ tablespoon for each piece of chicken. Add more or less for varying degrees of spice
- Flip the chicken over and repeat steps 3 and 4
- Heat up a cast iron skillet on your stove top till it’s very hot. You can buy ridged skillets that will give you those classic grill marks
- Place the chicken in the hot cast iron pan and cook for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Don’t move it in the pan, so it will develop that signature black crust
- Once both sides are done, remove from heat and cool it for a few minutes before serving
- Serve with rice, noodles, steamed vegetables, or sliced on top of a fresh salad
Voila! You have grill-style chicken cooked to perfection in less than 15 minutes! Make sure you open some windows and turn on a fan, so you don’t set off your smoke detector!
If you’re looking for your first apartment or are thinking of moving, find your perfect place on Gottarent.com. Find listings of apartments for rent in your preferred neighbourhood. Are you looking for a 1-bedroom? 2-bedroom? A bachelor? Search for apartments and find your new place. Soon you’ll be throwing a housewarming dinner party to celebrate!